Public works


Find answers to your questions from the Water and Wastewater Department

How do I report a water leak?

Water and wastewater main leaks should be reported to City Hall at 903-389-2633 between 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. After-hour emergencies should be reported to City of Fairfield Police Department at 903-389-3901.


Where does City of Fairfield’s water come from?
Fairfield has four water wells that produce the City’s water.


Is the water in Fairfield tested?
The City of Fairfield is required by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to sample the water for chlorine every day and bacterial contamination every month.


Is there a charge for calling the City to investigate sewer problems?
No, this is part of the Public Works Department daily operations.


How do you find out if water and sewer service is available to a property?
Contact the City Hall at 903-389-2633.


How can I find out if my property is in the flood plain?
Contact the Freestone Central Appraisal District 903-389-5510 for topography map

gt logo

©2014 City of Fairfield, Texas. All rights reserved. Site Design by Four Story Creative