Police Dept.


Find answers to your law enforcement questions!

How do I found out about a ticket I received?
If you received the ticket in Fairfield, you can contact the Municipal Court. It is located in City Hall at 222 South Mount; open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; 903-389-2337.

How do I get in contact with the Police Department for non-emergency requests?
The Police Department provides public safety services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Call 903-389-3901.

Can I dial 911 to get the Police Department?
All 911 calls are routed to the Freestone County Sheriff’s Office, directly. They transfer calls to the appropriate jurisdiction. Do not hesitate to call 911 in the case of an emergency! The 911 operators are trained to ask specific questions to enable them to get help to you in the most expeditious manner, whether it is fire, police, or ambulance. If you are calling from a land based telephone, your location will show up on the 911 operator’s screen, but if you are calling from a cell phone, this information is not available, so stay on the line until your location is verified.

How do I get a copy of a police accident/incident report?
Reports can be purchased for $6. You may come to the Police Department at any time, or request one by mail and enclose a check or money order made to the Fairfield Police Department.

To receive a copy of a report you must know the following:

  1. Was it an incident or accident?
  2. Where the incident/accident occurred?
  3. Who was involved in the incident/accident?
  4. When the incident/accident occurred?

Please allow at least 5 business days after an incident/accident occurs before attempting to obtain a copy of the report. Feel free to call and verify that the report exists and is ready for duplication before coming to the office. NOTE: Some reports may not be released under certain circumstances where an ongoing investigation is continuing. This can be verified with a phone call.

How do I file a minor accident report?
You can pick up a Driver Crash Report (CRB-2) at any Police Department and follow the directions on the back. This is sometimes known as a self-reporting form.

How do I get a copy of a Criminal History for myself?
Complete a request for Criminal History Data from the Texas Department of Public Safety.

Where do I get information about my driver’s license?
The Texas Department of Public Safety, Driver License Division is the managing authority.

Where can I renew my driver’s license?
The Texas Department of Public Safety, Driver License Division maintains offices in several cities statewide. An office is located in Fairfield, at 118 East Commerce, Suite 101, in the basement of the Freestone County Courthouse. Office is open on Wednesday & Thursday, from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. (903-389-5050)

Where can I get information about my vehicle registration?
The Freestone County Tax Office handles all vehicle registration matters and is located in the County Annex, on the north side of Courthouse, (903-389-2336).

How do I get help with problems in my neighborhood/business?
Call 903-389-3901 and give us your information and we will assist you. It may be as simple as extra patrol for your home or business. Please call.

If I am going on vacation can I notify the Police Department?
Yes, go to the Police Department Forms and open the Vacation Watch Program Request Form. Complete this and turn in to the Department. We will make every effort to make as many checks on your home as time and workload allow.

gt logo

©2014 City of Fairfield, Texas. All rights reserved. Site Design by Four Story Creative